Arrangements can be made for pupils requiring a special diet on medical advice.
North Yorkshire currently provide free meals to pupils in Years Reception, 1 and 2. If your child qualifies you will need to complete a Universal Free School Meal form available from the Academy Office.
In addition to the universal free school meals for key stage one pupils, free school meals are available to children whose parents receive certain benefits.
These include one or more of the following:
- income support;
- income-based Jobseekers’ allowance;
- income-related employment and support allowance;
- income-based and contributions-based JSA or ESA on an equal basis;
- child tax credit, provided you are not entitled to working tax credit, and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190;
- support under part VI of the immigration and asylum act 1999;
- guarantee element of state pension credit; or
- universal credit – during the initial roll-out of the benefit.
Pupils may bring packed dinners with cold drinks, but they must be eaten in the Dining Hall at the assigned dinner time unless specific arrangements have been made by the class teacher. Drinks must be in non-breakable containers. We would encourage you to not include chocolate or confectionary items but to include two pieces or fruit or vegetable. We would encourage you to send water, squash or fruit juice not fizzy drinks. Pupils are able to bring in seeds but NO NUTS or nut products.