Careers Adviser Introduction
My name is Sue James and I am a Specialist Careers Adviser. I have been a careers adviser for 11 years and a specialist careers adviser for 8 years. I recently completed my level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development.
My role in school is to support students to make informed decisions about their future. I support students to investigate career aspirations, educational options as well as looking further into the future such as supported living and employment opportunities. The work I do in school is provided at a level in which all students can participate in. This could be 1:1 sessions in year 11, group guidance sessions in year 10 and group activities around jobs and options in year 9.
My role is also to support parents and carers to investigate educational options and to advise on local authority process and sign post to organisations and other professionals who can offer support.
My role is to make sure that all students when leaving Woodlands Academy are engaged in Education, Employment or Training and that they are working towards achieving their personal goals.
The next moving events are:-
- Monday 24th September 2018 at Welburn Hall School, Kirkbymoorside, 1 - 6pm
- Wednesday 3rd October 2018 at Springhead Sixth Form, Scarborough 1 - 6pm
- Thursday 4th October 2018 at Disability Action Yorkshire, Harrogate 1.30 - 5.30pm
- Monday 15th October 2018 at Craven College, Aireville Campus,Skipton 1.30 - 5.30pm
- Wednesday 17th October 2018 at Selby College, Selby 1 - 5pm
- Saturday 9th March 2019 at The Dales School, Northallerton 10am - 1pm